Thursday, January 27, 2011

Musical Recycling

I have a favorite band right now! They aren't very well trained. They don't have an incredible stage presence.  What they have is "hope". They hope to someday get discovered. They hope to someday record an album. They hope to get a large fan base. They hope they'll book shows....soon.

Their lyrics tug at my heart....

"Everyone has their predicaments
And everyone has to face their fears
You might as well just hold your head high
Because believe me, they'll be around for a while"

I know that, at their age, they do feel their predicaments will be around a while. I remember that feeling. As an adult, I know that time and predicaments fly by and that, in retrospect, they will have for them as well.

With songs titled, 'When I Walk My Shoes Light Up' and 'The Chinese Always Have Driveways', to say they are "random" would be an understatement!

They started out as a two girl acoustic project but have had to add males to the mix to sustain what they love. I attended a show last Spring and they "recycled" a song I already loved. When I heard they were "covering" it I thought, "there is no way they can pull this off". Their vocalist is a girl and its a "GUY" song. Somehow it worked!

The name of the band is 'Death Be Not Proud'.  Check out their Facebook Site.

1 comment: